Food Safety Consultancy
Food safety is a major aspect of any food premises. If your business handles or sells food it is absolutely vital that you have a good food safety management system. This is to ensure any food handled on your premises is safe to eat. HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points) is the preferred system for setting out food safety procedures that comply with food hygiene regulations.
It is a legal requirement that any food premises have a written management system for food safety and good hygiene practices. We’ve all heard of food premises going out of business because they’ve failed to meet basic food hygiene standards. Closure and prosecution does happen, even though they seem to be the extreme results of businesses failing to adequately manage food safety or comply with the law. Don’t let this happen to your business!
So what’s HACCP and why do I need to know about it?
HACCP is a food safety management system. Its purpose is to help businesses produce written procedures to control hazards. In short it helps your business to:
- Take a look at what your business does and what could go wrong
- Identify “critical control points” – key areas where hazards could take place
- Create procedures to control hazards within critical control points
- Plan what to do if something goes wrong
- Ensure that your procedures are working
- Produce and keep written documentation to show your procedures are working
Why Work With Us?
Creating procedures in accordance with HACCP can be complex and varied. They need to be tailored to individual premises and take into account the specific activities of your business. BRS Solutions works with specialist food safety consultants with the expertise and experience to ensure all your food safety and Hygiene requirements are fully met. We can:
- Produce a bespoke, flexible food safety management system
- Implement your food safety management system
- Perform regular compliance audits and inspections and provide corrective action plans
- Undertake third party inspections (of suppliers for example)
- Provide courses for food safety (elearning courses)
What about the Costs?
As the nature of food safety is so varied we will provide you with a quote tailored to your specific needs. Contact us now for a free consultation.